View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 09:46 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think the lesson learned here is that cheap laughs are cheap for a reason. They're not funny and you could just not do that. While people might say "what's the big deal?" a better question would be "don't you realize you're not just talking to your buddies when you're on TV"?
Yeah. I'm a high school teacher. I routinely try to get my high school boys to understand audience. Jokes said to buddies at lunch is a much different audience than a classroom with kids, some of whom might not like you. And school is a different audience than parents/ grandparents. But a lot of my students want to be the same person to everyone they come in contact with. They tell me it's more honest. In my experience, a lot of arguments against PC stem from this idea about having to speak toward different audiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo