View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 08:51 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Hi,

To some the Joe Jackson Rookie Card does not have the eye appeal as other cards.
But to many it is a nice looking card.

I believe the card is under valued and under appreciated.

The Rookie Card is not that rare and you can usually find a couple on ebay for sale.

However, I believe part of the reason that the Prices are low is mostly that the higher grade cards are low in population (MOST of the population is below a 2.

But more importantly almost all that come up for sale are both low grade and most do not have a nice eye appeal. thus keeping the price down

On the private Market the prices for the higher end ones are pretty solid. I have had many strong offers also on my card.

There was a PSA 8 went pre pandemic for over $650K
Robert Edwards had a PSA 1.5 with what look like a crease left to right just below the "A" on his uniform and it went for $31K in April

There is an SGC 3 Joe Jackson on Love of the Game Auction now and it is at $34K ($40K with Buyers Premium) with approx 1 week to go. So should have a strong final price and can help set the market price.

So yes population between SGC and PSA is fairly large and they do come often for sale but the cards above a 2 come up less often and go for what I believe is some strong prices.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph