View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 07:29 PM

Default 1909 E90-1 Joe Jackson value compared to others

Enjoyed reading everyone's input and thoughts. To clarify, I was talking about comparing it to other key rookies but there are other examples that come to mind. As its been mentioned, he shouldn't be in the same price range as a ruth or gehrig rookie for example, but I dont think the Jackson rookie should be so far behind them either. Also some non rookie cards as well, take the T206 Plank for example. Obviously T206 is the most popular set, but both have similar pops. PSA pop of 77 for the plank and 92 for the Jackson. Right off, people think the Plank is a much rarer card, but its really not. Also, Jackson was a far better player. Does the T206 Plank card really warrant that much value over a Joe Jackson Rookie card from the same era with a pop difference of only 15? I get it, popular sets create huge premiums but were the ruth and gehrig rookies from popular sets for example? True Pre-War rookies are very few and far between, especially of the top tier players and all should be worth huge premiums over most other pre war cards. In my opinion Joe Jackson is no exception.

Last edited by investinrookies; 08-25-2021 at 08:52 PM.