View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 10:09 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Also a beautiful blue "Baseball Stars" notebook and an unusual green "Baseball Stars." Any other memorabilia you remember getting from me? That's a nice WaJo stamp collection. I had a pretty WaJo Piedmont Art Stamp I sold at Chantilly for $150, too bad you didn't get that one, too. But you've done well, Val, one of the great WaJo collections!
Although I am much more into cards than memorabilia, I do have an affection for WaJo notebooks. And, I treasure this photo of WaJo batting that you insisted I accept for connecting you with a buyer of a few of your signed WaJo checks.

Despite having the world's worst memory, I'll never forget how you managed to get this scarce PM6 pin of WaJo into my collection. At the 2016 National at Atlantic City, you and I happen to run into one another shortly after you had sold this pin to a dealer. As we chatted, you mentioned this, and I said that I wished you and I had connected before you sold this pin. You then had me accompany you to this dealer's table, whereupon you told the dealer that your friend would like to have this pin, so please sell it to him for a small markup over what he had just paid for it. The surprised dealer appeared displeased with this turn of events, but he acquiesced.

Those who have been Net54 members for a while presumably are already aware that Hank is one of the really good people in our hobby. Now, Net54 newbies are also aware.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c. 1910-18 WaJo notebook.jpg (82.4 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg c. 1911 WaJo Notebook - front.jpg (78.1 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg WaJo Pic, batting, from Hank Thomas.jpg (67.1 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg PM6 1928 - WaJo - front.jpg (15.9 KB, 185 views)
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.