View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 07:05 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I feel this is oversimplifying what it takes to move to your own platform. I doubt most sellers on eBay would want to take on the responsibility on maintaining what it takes to drive traffic to them while still being able to focus on their primary purpose of being in business. Going to take much more than being inspired. If it didn't then many sellers would have done it long ago. I am not defending eBay as a great venue or well run business but I doubt many sellers would have the ability to sustain their businesses without eBay.
Oh, I'm not saying it is or would ever be easy, but if someone the size of PWCC could take a stab at it, who's to say they couldn't in the future branch out to other sales areas/categories as well, and slowly take away more and more business from Ebay. Don't we often see posts about how many people dislike Ebay and the latest thing they've done that no one wants or likes? So what if someone like PWCC sets up something that many see as similar to, but cheaper and better than Ebay? I could see them maybe adding more categories of items to be selling over time, and slowly start to take more and more business from Ebay. It is always a possibility, and one I wouldn't be surprised if Ebay took very seriously.