Thread: Babe Ruth $$$
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 03:37 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I've got one of of those colored reprint sheets myself somewhere. I'm assuming that wouldn't be worth double checking though. But if you've got a black and white reprint sheet, will be interested in what you see when checking it out. However, earlier posters said they already did this, and the reprints don't show these specific traits. Again, just seems too easy of an answer all of a sudden for something that has been debated about for so long.

Maybe one of the reasons these have been so much more affordable compared to other Ruth cards is the questioning of authenticity by many, and lack of all TPGs being willing to authenticate them, especially PSA anymore. Kind of reminds me on how S74 silks are often viewed and valued in relation to T205/T202 cards since PSA will not grade S74 silks.

And Peter, congrats on completing your Fro Joy set.
I agree with all you've said here...the sheet I was ripped off on is a b/w albeit funky colored sheet compared to authentic ones...not a colorized one. But the borders are dotted lines which are not associated with authentic copies.