View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuclakid View Post
yes this is somewhat dictated by the fact most National dealers are from the mid west and east...the expenses to travel to the west are more... secondly the venue has to be large enough and that eliminates a lot of potential areas I have been told...thirdly the time around the end of July and early August has to be available for a venue as that is when the NSCC people like to run it, also the "deal" the NSCC people get from certain venues to host it is important to them (they can make more money) especially like Atlantic City....also the NSCC have to be willing to commit to years in advance to a certain location to get considered...like Baltimore Inner harbor which was a great spot....the NSCC hasn't been willing to do that so that venue has not been feasible since 2012...Baltimore Inner harbor is a popular convention spot

I am from the west coast but the national hasn't returned here since 2006

Bruce Perry

National dealer
And some places ask the NSCC to guarantee an insane amount of hotel rooms. Trust me, it's not as easy as we would prefer

This thread is now a dozen years old and some of the posters, including Mike Berkus, are no longer with us but the themes are well the same

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...ht=Mike+Berkus