View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
In the past it has always been the East Coast (& to a lesser extent the Midwest) dealers telling the Committee that they weren’t willing to travel west. That has always I feel been enough to persuade the committee that they shouldn’t because they didn’t want to have an empty convention hall. With the current popularity of sports cards/collectibles that doesn’t really feel like a valid enough reason anymore. There are literal waiting lists for booths at these shows.

It is incredibly short sighted by the committee to continue short-changing the non East Coast/Midwest collectors & dealers.

Being in Idaho I know I am going to have to travel far for any show, it is something that comes with the territory. The East/Midwest guys have never felt the need to conform to a traveling venue, nor do they feel like they should ever have to. They have always had the show in their backyard but I guarantee they would travel every few years if they were to do a Vegas/West coast show every 3rd year or something.
Exactly because they know they would make a S Ton of money in Las Vegas. If the Money is there to be made there is no way in hell they, the dealers would miss it. I’m not saying get rid of AC or Chicago how about throw a Las Vegas in Every 3-5 years.

Last edited by Johnny630; 10-07-2021 at 03:51 PM.