View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 08:01 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Your last statement is 100% the reality of the situation. I’d like to see a few new venues maybe one for the foreseeable future Chicago and AC look like the reality of it.
Don't get me wrong; i am perfectly happy to go to Chicago every year. It's an easy and enjoyable trip for me with lots of air possibilities, and good accommodations and food. If the National was a Chicago every year event, fine. Comicon is always in San Diego, which has to be a PITA for northeastern travelers. But I notice that Comicon has started up regional shows too. Maybe the National organizers could consider that model? I went to some hellacious good regional shows in the 1980s and 1990s with 500+ tables and 3-4 days of show. There was a 500+ table show at the Moscone Center in SF every year I was in law school up there and I usually ditched classes the first day to go. I remember one year I was able to literally walk up to get autographs and chat with Stan Musial, Bob Gibson and Lou Brock because traffic was relatively light at mid-day. Still have the Musial (and we need a card):

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-08-2021 at 08:02 AM.