View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadeast View Post
Does anyone else find this to be stunningly excessive for one auction? There are many copies of a large number of high profile cards, almost impossible not to be with 42,000+ cards up for auction at one time. This looks more like an inventory liquidation to me than a monthly auction.

EDIT to add that I was referring to the 42,000 cards total. The pre-war selection is a tiny fraction of that and doesn't appear to be much more than what we've seen from plenty of other AHs, if even that.

It doesn't strike me as being that much of an outlier when you compare it to their standard monthly ebay auction volume. I think they did something like 35,000 cards in their final month on eBay. And it's been a couple months since they were booted off the platform, so they likely had a backlog of sales stacking up. If you combine their expected eBay volume for the past 2 months, assuming they were still there, that's probably ~70,000 cards. It seems realistic to me that they could have lost ~28,000 of those ~70,000 sales because of the ebay fallout, owning them with 42,000 cards to sell. I'd be surprised though if they have more than 42,000 next month though. I'd guess it will be closer to 30,000 next month. Although surely it'll depend on how well they do in this one.