View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 02:27 PM

Just some input, FWIW. As nice vintage stuff blew up in price, I can only afford a very occasional item.

However, I still want to be an active collector, very much enjoy the hobby. Last year I assembled a lot of 100 and a lot of 50 to send to PSA the very end of last year. They were modern submissions primarily of serial numbered cards of Steph Curry, Giannis, & Mike Trout. All cards submitted were from ebay raw purchases. Of course, I only sent in what I thought had a chance at a 10, and kept the rest as raw. I recently got them back with a very nice GEM MINT rate little over 50%. It was fun accumulating, and fun finally getting them back all 9's and 10's. My hobby bug was satisfied moving in this direction rather than oogling over vintage I could rarely afford.

Now, if PSA doesn't eventually offer something in the neighborhood of a $20-30. submission tier, then I will be shut out of even this type submission - won't be happy.

I really hope PSA opens back up a reasonable priced tier to accept the $10.-100. value raw cards. My guess is they will, but limit the number of cards any one person may submit. Therefore, they won't get overwhelmed with dealers and case breakers sending in bjillions at a time. They would also keep the registry commons viable for set and registry collectors.