View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:24 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default eBay

I have had a few negs during the 23 years that I have been selling on eBay. I can recall the details on 2 of them:

The first one was when I was selling a partial set of non-sports cards. It was mentioned a couple of times in the listing that this was a partial set and that the buyer would receive 90 of the 108 cards that were in the set. So, I received a neg because the buyer didn't receive a full set. He didn't ask for a refund, he didn't ask for a return, and he didn't contact me except for the neg.

The second was on a $2 card that I sent to Canada. The large scan clearly showed a crease and the description stated that the card was creased. So, the buyer gave me a neg because the card was creased. He didn't contact me, he didn't ask for a refund (I did give him a refund), and he didn't ask for a return. In the neg he called me several names, including being a crook. All of that for a $2 card.

I think a have had a couple of other negs along the way, but I don't remember the circumstances.

I received a neutral around a year ago. Again, the buyer didn't contact me so I didn't know there was a problem.

So, the negs happen, no matter how hard a person tries. I don't waste my time calling eBay to get the negs and neutrals removed. I just move on. I have 8400 feedbacks as a seller, with several thousand more items sold where feedback wasn't left.

So, when I am buying, I do sometimes look at the negs for a seller, but generally, if their feedback if over 99%, I don't worry about it. I have over 1700 unique feedbacks as a buyer, and I have only had a few minor problems that were easily resolved.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 10-22-2021 at 07:25 AM.