View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Scott, I was bidding on one relatively high-priced card (1914 CJ Lajoie) and ultimately decided to stand down in the 4th extended bidding because I was afraid the card would go into their vault and not sent to me; and I could not figure out how to change that. I think it’s real crappy that their default is into the vault and they make it very tough to change it, if at all. I don’t want them, or Goldin or anyone else with a vault, holding my cards and I think it’s shitty that that’s the default. So, until that “glitch” gets changed, I have placed my last bid in a pwcc auction.
\

Ryan,

When I went to pay originally, the option to choose where you wanted the cards sent was presented, Vault or my address on record(Vault was the highlighted default). I of course opted to have them sent directly to me. However, the invoice had tax included, so I provided my resale cert and they promptly adjusted the invoice. When I went back to the corrected invoice and paid, the shipping option had defaulted back to the Vault and I did not catch it. Really nothing nefarious, just a business steering their customers where they prefer them to go. I SHOULD have double checked everything, I ASSUMED and we all know how that story goes.

Once I contacted Brent, they promptly took care of it to the best or their ability. As of now the items already show in my Vault, not able to request them yet, but not worried as everything is working out as they said it would.

I would like to point out to everyone that during this entire email/chat/posting here, that I was precise, cordial and polite, no stones were thrown and it was handled very professionally by them on their end. I think that is about all you can ask when things go a bit sideways. It's easy to start the name calling and accusations, especially on an internet forum, not so easy to undo them.

Last edited by sb1; 10-25-2021 at 05:52 PM. Reason: can't type worth a damn