View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 11:02 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
There's a difference between cards that are altered being sold in slabs that actually indicate it compared to altered cards that end up with numeric grades (and sell for way more than they did before altering). If the alteration is disclosed (either by the seller or through being graded as such), then people can make up their own minds about buying the card or not with full knowledge of what has been done to it. I think the issue most people have is when a card has been altered and graded without the alteration being disclosed.
Exactly. It's all about disclosure. If it isn't disclosed, it's fraud. Many of us aren't interested in rewarding the skill of some criminal who can make cards look prettier. Originality may not be important to others, I get that. But that choice should be made on an informed basis, not on the basis of deception.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-30-2021 at 11:04 AM.