View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 12:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Some people apparently do not care if they have been deceived as long as it appears, to them, they have not been, either through denial or lack of sophistication or experience.

To Snowman's point I think there is a new breed of buyer AND a new sentiment among many collectors who really do not care what has been done to the item they are buying. They are putting 100% in the faith in the label and the faith that others have 100% faith in the label. They have the ability to write a check and it is no longer important if what they paid for is actually what the label says it is.

It is exactly why PWCC and others are absolutely killing it despite having been associated with having committed fraud.
It is indeed ironic that the company supposedly established to stop/counter card doctoring has become the means of perpetuating and expanding it. Oh well.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.