View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 12:39 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
We all hope it happens but do not believe it will.

With their business model, the high demand of grading cards, and low margins at lower bulk pricing their is no incentive to bring it back unless they can find a low cost profitable way to do it or to raise the prices which is possible but might not be reasonable for many of the more common cards
If you would have asked me a week ago, I would have said, "no way they ever come back below $25-30ish per card". But Nat didn't mince words in this interview when he talked about getting them back down to $10 ea for the registry. He seems pretty adamant about it. Perhaps he'll get enough pushback on this to where it doesn't materialize, I don't know, but if Nat gets his way, there will be options again in 2022 to have cards (which ones, I don't know) graded through the registry for $10 ea. I'm just repeating what he said.

The part where I'm "reading between the lines" is that I'm guessing this will be the only way to get cards graded at that price, and that I'm speculating that it will only be offered for select sets (hence I referenced the basketball insert sets registry survey I took part in). I just think it makes the most sense too from a strategic standpoint. We'll see what happens though. But I'd be very surprised to see them reopen ultra-modern bulk services for anything less than $25 per card for the foreseeable future.