View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 06:40 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Yes Alan a PSA 2 sold for $66k several years ago and yet a 1 just sold for $111k. If you google the various types of Ruth cards you will see the price escalation. Even on the cards from 1921-1929 that used to be undervalued or under appreciated. But now with the other cards being priced out of most collectors hands these other Ruth cards are starting to really jump in their prices also.

Generally speaking with are seeing the Ruth’s, Jackson, and the likes cards going for up to 3 times the price from just a few years ago. And it does not look it will stop
A 3x increase over the last 3 years is probably average for a baseball card. For instance, Card Ladder's baseball index has gone from 4k to 14k in the last two years, which is 3.5x.

I would guess that pre war cards have had a steadier climb than post war and modern, and with so few sales transactions to look at you didn't really see a spike and dip the first half of the year. And it looks to me like all blue chippers are staying strong, from whatever era.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk