View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 08:19 PM

Default Is this an original press photo or a wirephoto?

Hi all,

I just picked up this photo of William "Kaayo" Lam, my favorite player in the long history of our football program at the University of Colorado. The photo is so new to me that the only scans I have are ones that still have the watermark of the seller, however I am just so excited about it...

It is an Associated Press photo from the week of the Buffs 1935 season finale against the University of Denver in which Lam only needed four yards to break the then colligate rushing record for a single season set previously by Beattie Feathers of Tennessee. The photo is incredible and regardless of its source is one I am excited to have found, however I was still curious as to whether or not it is Type-1 or wirephoto. The image itself isn't as clear as other Type-1 photos I have seen and I know lack of clarity or blurriness is a characteristic of wirephotos but Lam is in motion so that may be a variable in regards to the sharpness of the shot. I also noticed the paper caption pasted on the back which I know is characteristic of Type-1 photos. Needless to say I am a bit confused!

Looking for any and all opinions! Thank you!

Last edited by AstroJake09; 12-05-2021 at 09:34 PM.