View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 12:00 PM
Bob C.

Default Ilks

Quote:
Originally Posted by realbigfatdog View Post
Thanks for the great, detailed response. I'm actually a Hal Chase collector and I was trying to get a handle on how many different variations there were for this issue so that I could update my checklist. I know I have about 3 different colors, presently, plus a white silk with the paper backing (I know the colors don't have backings) as well as a white silk with red colored ink. The problem arises when I see one listed online, but it's hard to make out the color shade from the sellers picture. So I was just curious if there were specific, known color variants. Thanks again for the info!

Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Here's a thought, rather than trying to get one Hal Chase of every possible silk color, remember that the S74-2 colored silks were issued for only two different tobacco brands (Old Mill and Turkey Red), and all the silks were printed using only 3 different colors of ink (blue, brown, and what I call red/rust color). Why not try to find 3 different Old Mill colored silks of Chase, one printed in blue ink, one in brown, and the third in the red/rust ink color. And then do the same thing for three Turkey Red colored silks of chase. To jazz it up, you could try to get each of the six different Chase silks in a different material color then as well. Maybe one blue, one red, one pink, one purple, etc. This could be a little harder than you may think to get all the 3 different ink colors for both of the tobacco brands, but it at least limits you to only needing 6 silks to finish. I'd try to at least originally focus on the different ink colors and tobacco brands, and not worry too much about getting all different silk material colors. Something tells me you'll find some pretty easily, but then you may get stuck on a couple of the ink/tobacco brand combos. Whichever way you decide, it should make for a fun project. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Last edited by BobC; 05-14-2023 at 12:50 PM.