View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 08:32 AM
Rob

Kind of a funny story of a screw up that turned out OK....a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned I was bidding on an Inside the Park pennant...I didn't win but Bocca alerted me that Keith Javic had the same pennant in his Etsy store. I immediately jumped on it. I didn't love the pennant but it was a new one for my Giants collection and pickings have been slim. A few days later, while the pennant was enroute, I was scrolling through my memorabilia pictures, looking for something else. I scrolled past a picture of the pennant I was waiting on. I thought, "Oh, wow, that's a decent picture of the pennant I'm waiting on...man, that looks like our table...that looks like my off brand tape measure beside it....SH*T! I already have that pennant!"

The funny thing is, I even posted pictures here on 8/15/19 (post #2433). I have three spreadsheets of acquisitions where this pennant should be entered. It appears in none of them. I have no idea who I got it from or what I paid. Keith was gracious enough to accept a return . Another, more attractive NY Giants pennant is on its way from him. Keith and Bocca both said they have mistakenly bought duplicates before, so I'm not the only dope.

This is one unattractive pennant, huh? I'm thinking the White Sox must be by the same maker. Is it my imagination or were the 1940's a time for particularly unattractive pennants?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-08-15 02.40.33.jpg (79.7 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg il_794xN.1642899189_f8ll.jpg (60.7 KB, 173 views)