View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 03:06 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
At face value that list looks like a ton of glut, but honestly 65%-75% of those releases named have solid to die hard followings. I have a family member that works in video game development and effectively acts as the face of a popular franchise and actively engages the community. I must have read a variation this response a thousand times in his social media postings and I think it's very relevant here. In essence:

"Not everything we create is for you specifically. We have millions of fans that all want something different in their experience. Just because we create something you didn't want or ask for, doesn't mean someone else didn't."

I don't open 95% of those products listed, but then again - they weren't made for me and my tastes.
That may be true but it leaves a collector in an impossible position of trying to pick which set(s) appeal to him and which set(s) are worth the substantial expense of either buying outright or busting wax to collect. At the most extreme, 1993 UD SP Jeter vs. 1993 Topps Jeter. I'd feel really bummed if i'd chose the flagship Topps card over the SP card.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...