View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:48 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie73 View Post
Hi Ted, I play around with the idea of selling all my T206's at times. I have plenty of interest for many of my cards, and since 95 percent of them are non Piedmont/Sweet Caporal cards, there would be a buyer for every card. Honestly, the biggest issue is how to price them lately. If it's an auction, then it finds it's current value on it's own. But if you wanted to list a few a week with buy it now prices on Net54 or Tobacco Row on Facebook, the market is so unpredictable, and you'd want to try and get top dollar for the cards you would be selling. Auction houses would not be the greatest idea, just because of the fee's related. Plus I wouldn't want all my cards listed at once. I'd get more money selling gradually over time and I have the free time needed to scan, list, email, and send out the cards. But after thinking about it each time, I just keep adding to the set. I don't really need the money. It would buy some really nice things, but it wouldn't increase my happiness.

If I had your 408 card Sovereign group, I'd probably work on filling in the spaces, like the 350 Subject cards your missing, that you currently have the 150 Subjects of. Same thing for 460's you have and the 350's of the same card that you don't have. Excluding the Super Six, because if I remember correctly, you have the 350's and the 460's of those.

Hi Ronnie

It's amazing how you and I think alike. I have considered selling a lot of my stuff, but I enjoy this hobby too much to get serious about selling these little cardboard gems.
Besides, my Grandson Ron loves this stuff as much as I do, and he eventually will inherit most of it. I have already given him my 1952 TOPPS master set (his favorite set).

Speaking about master sets.....the All - SOVEREIGN set is totally complete with 476 cards, when you include the 350 backs of the 150 Series cards. I've chose to limit my
set to the 402 basic subjects, plus the rare 460 versions of the Six Super Prints (on display here)......

. . . .

Take care my good friend.

TED Z

T206 Reference