View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 12:56 PM
Scott Smith

Default Beware- EBAY Seller "gregg57" does not honor autograph authenticity guaranty

This is not the post I want to be sharing but I have tried all prior remedies to this situation.

From Dec. 2018 to Aug. 2019 I paid over $1,000 for 24 autographs (all on index cards/3x5's) from EBAY seller gregg57. All of his auctions indicate:

“This item is guaranteed this item to pass PSA or Spence Authentication or purchase price minus shipping will be given. I do not accept refunds for other issues so please ask any questions you have prior to bidding.” sic

The seller knew I would be submitting these to PSA/DNA for authentication and holdering/slabbing. Over the period March 2019 to July 2021, I submitted these items to PSA, but 3 kept coming back unauthenticated. Based on repeated communication with the seller, communication with a lead PSA authenticator and with lots of documentation, I had these reviewed multiple times- (2 items 4 times and 1 item 2 times), and unfortunately the PSA turnaround was roughly 4 months for each submission. Late this past Nov. these 3 came back unauthenticated again and I have tried repeatedly to obtain the refund from the seller, per his guaranty. Note, all other 21 items were successfully authenticated.

Here is gregg57’s one-and-only response to my emails, EBAY messages and Paypal request since Nov.

I have no idea why these other items still are not but I can’t take them back this many years later. If I knew this was going be such a problem and require this much work over the course of multiple years, I would’ve never sold you the cards to begin with. It would’ve been much easier for me to sell them To another collector and avoid This hemorrhoid

I decided, since I knew these items would not pass PSA/DNA, to return these to the seller so he now has them back in his possession but has not responded to my follow-up. I am most disappointed by his lack of service, his harsh language and disingenuous “guaranty.”

I am an honest individual who would always try to work things out in a polite and reasonable manner but in this situation my refund request has gone on deaf ears. My cost for the 3 items was $199. I know there was a long lag from purchase date(s) to final return to me from PSA, but I was totally up front with gregg57 about where this stood with PSA.

I told gregg57 I would be posting this on multiple message boards.

Thanks for reading. Scott

PS- Should I receive a refund I will remove this post,