View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 07:55 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Other than LeBron, I don't see anyone ever being as versatile as Magic was. He was a point guard who often moved down to power forward in the half court set, and in a pinch he could play freaking center and score 40 points in the NBA final, still one of the most amazing things I ever saw. He was a revolutionary too, nobody that big had ever played the point that well or maybe at all, nobody had ever ripped the ball out of the net and started a fast break off a made basket. And I don't think anyone had stood at the top of the key waiting for his forwards to cut and then whipped the ball between five people into someone's hands for a layup. If anything he is underrated lol.
Though he wasn't necessarily tall enough to go down low and play center against the likes of Chamberlain or Russell, I'd throw Oscar Robertson's hat into the ring. The man was a triple-double machine, back when people didn't really even know what that was yet. Of course that was early in his NBA career, and later on he fell more back into just acting as a point guard. And he was 6'-5", so definitely not short for back then.