View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 04:59 PM
Bob C.

Default 2003 Topps 205 Relic Differences

The 2003 Topps 205 set was issued in two series, and this includes the game used relic cards. There is something like seventeen players that the checklists show had both a series 1 and series 2 relic card issued, but are there actually two different relic cards, one from each series, issued for these players? And if so, how do you tell the difference between their series 1 and series 2 relic cards?

The card numbers/designations are exactly the same for both series 1 and series 2 relic cards of the same player, so that doesn't help. And in looking at relic cards I know are from the two different series, there's no discernible way I can tell a series 1 relic card from a series 2 relic card. Am I just totally missing something, or is it possible that there really aren't two separate relic cards for these particular players, and they just kept inserting the same relic cards from series 1 into series 2 packs, and somewhat needlessly listed these players on the checklists twice?

Any insights or help would be appreciated. The list of players this questiony covers is as follows:

TR-JB Jeff Bagwell
TR-RF Rafeal Furcal
TR-NG Nomar Garciaparra
TR-BG Brian Giles
TR-LG Luis Gonzalez
TR-RJ Randy Johnson
TR-KL Kenny Lofton
TR-GM Gregg Maddux
TR-PM Pedro Martinez
TR-RP Rafael Palmeiro
TR-MP Mike Piazza
TR-AP Albert Pujols