View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 10:10 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw1959 View Post
I agree with all of that, but on the flip side there may have been too much film study, if you know what I mean . . . ahem, the spygate scandal. And although Brady was in a key position to benefit from the Cheatriot's knowledge of their opponents signals during games, I put the blame for that scandal squarely on Bill Bellicheat. Still, I believe that scandal enabled Brady to be more successful early on than he should have been in helping him earn as many as three tainted Super Bowl championships.

I know; I know; it's poor form to say stuff like that when you're supposed to be paying tribute to a retiring great of the game like Brady, but I think it still needs to be considered as a major blemish on his NFL resume.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deo-punishment
What sort of team uses signals that can be easily read or learned from videos of practice?
One that really doesn't want to win.
I'm sure there are guys who can sit in the stands and memorize that stuff without a camcorder. And I'm also sure every team employs at least one or two.

Heck, Tony Romo as a broadcaster was saying what plays were before teams ran them just going off where the different players lined up.