View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 10:27 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I am not sure most of modern is "collecting." Are there modern card buyers who actually collect? Sure. But the more I see in modern, the more it seems to me, on the whole, like a get rich quick game, something akin to gambling, for adrenaline junkies. So while both realms are comprised of cards, in modern it seems like far more of the buyers are buying solely to flip to the next man, as opposed to buying for a collection. Gambling in that sense is fine, just hanging a lantern on how it seems like it is a totally different ecosystem and culture, despite how both revolve around cards.
I collect. But you are correct. My modern Reds cards are seriously worthless other than a handful, but sellers are asking ungodly amounts, even if it is just $5.... for Akiyama! He hasn't hit a HR since he came to MLB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo