View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 09:35 AM
Michael

In the previous threads the OP started, after the first post, he never posted again in response to people's comments.

I am curious what "young photos of Harry and George Wright" would mean since they weren't young together (12 year age difference).

Also, let's say young means under 15. That would be 1850 or earlier for Harry Wright. That would be too early for the kind of photographs (cdvs, tintypes, cabinets) that would be put in an album rather than encased. Harry would have to be in his 20s for these kind of photos to be commonly available.

And why would Abraham Mills be in a Wright family album? He wasn't involved with baseball until after the Civil War when he was about 21, Harry Wright about 30, and George about 18. He would have been in Washington (with the Olympic team) and I don't know of any documented evidence of the Wrights and Mills interacting before this time period. Later he was involved with the NL but no one would have been young at that time.
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 02-24-2022 at 10:00 AM.