View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 02:29 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

I prefer JSA as I have known Jimmy Spence since his early days at PSA back in the late 1990's.

However, either is fine and I doubt there is much difference in selling price between the two.

PSA/DNA can encapsulate the autograph which some collectors really like and they will grade the autograph as well for an additional cost. JSA also started grading autographs a year or so ago but they do not offer encapsulation at this time.

Kevin Keating is PSA/DNA's lead authenticator and he is very good so you cannot go wrong with either.

Authentication prices for most of the bigger autographs is probably very similar although JSA offers a house call in which they charge a set price + travel expenses for a certain number of full LOAs. The cost is a minimum of $2500 + any travel expenses.

They also travel to shows every weekend of the year so if you live near a major city, chances are you can meet them at the show and submit for authentication. They will tell you the outcome at the show and return your item but the LOA comes a month or so later through the mail.

Just keep in mind that any authenticator is giving their opinion based on a lot of experience but in the end it is just that, an opinion. They sometimes miss the mark and get a lot of criticism for any mistake but overall I think they are pretty reliable especially on the better known sports stars like you have.

Last edited by rand1com; 03-01-2022 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Add content