View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 05:26 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
I should've specified that I couldn't speak for what high-grade registry sets like yours have done during that time (was only referring to the typical raw or mostly raw set) That looks amazing. But I still think that person who paid 3000 could've done a good bit better (based on all those comps I quoted from the last three months). Your ebay link won't come up though.

Like you said though, the '72 has a lot of breakup value versus what people pay for it complete (even if they don't get a very good price). Those highs add up so quick for a '70s set. Mine isn't in the same universe as your PSA 8 registry bonanza, but even in the raw ex-mt/nr mt it's in, the underlying value still packs a punch
Not sure what happen to that link, hopefully this one works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25533367593...p2047675.l2557

Since I finished my original raw 72 set circa 2001, I have probably broken up around 20 complete 72 sets, plus numerous other near 72 sets over the past 20 years as this set was the most profitable set to break for me. The profitability is mainly due to the high numbers. However, in recent times, with the demand and supply changes (as noted by Glyn) breaking this set currently at the new typical prices for a decent profit is much tougher.