View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 05:54 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Thanks Randy appreciate the info and answers. I had in the past seen some quick card authentication services where they'll put a card in a holder and throw a sticker/seal on it. Forget what TPG(s) at least used to do that, or if any of them still do. And was wondering if TPG(s) did something similar with this Quick Opinion autograph service.

As I figured, no guarantee, but from what you're saying it sounds like you at least get a credit for the Quick Opinion fee if you follow up for a full authentication submission. I understand the Quick Opinion isn't foolproof, but as you said, you can get a fairly good idea if it isn't likely authentic and save the difference of what a full submission would cost. Thanks.
That is correct.

As to cards, in the past you could get an item pre-graded as you said by Beckett and maybe GAI but they actually inspected the card and gave a guaranteed grade which they put on the card saver and sealed with a sticker. You paid a little less for that option than full grading and if you were satisfied with the grade you could pay an additional fee to have it encapsulated but you obviously had to send the card back to them for that service. The grade was guaranteed as long as the seal had not been tampered with. I believe anyone, not just the original submitter, could submit it for the full authentication. I don't think they still offer that service.

PSA and SGC never offered that option as far as I know.