View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 12:20 PM
Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Drew: Great list!

FWIW regarding Keith Hernandez, we in Cleveland didn't like his playing time here, either. $1.75 mil for 43 games and 26 hits. What a loser.
I remember that; I grew up in Lake County and 1990 was my first year following baseball. So I was very surprised to learn a few years later that Keith Hernandez was a lot better than I gave him credit for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
I didn't have time to look over that entire list, but this one stuck out:

George Hendrick: ONLY signs Rays and Cardinals items

This may have been true in the past, but George has signed Angels, A's, etc. cards as recently as last year. The whole notion of his being a tough autograph is somewhat hogwash; like many others, he's not difficult if you pay the man. I can't tell you how many "LAST GEORGE HENDRICK SIGNING POSSIBLY EVER!!!!!!!" announcements I have read over the past couple of years. These all stem from the same person. "LAST SIGNING" until some people want to generate more revenue is more like it.
That's good to know; when he was coaching with Tampa he was super picky about what he would sign so I'm glad he's loosening up. I still need him for my 1972 set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
I think you mean 2008 Upper Deck Goudey. (there is no Dan Gable Allen & Ginter card)
Looks like you're right, I'll get that corrected on my site!