View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 08:56 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I pick up odd ball prints whenever I find them inexpensively and along life's road, I have picked up close to 300 wrong backs/blank backs and blank front of the 1987 Topps set, mostly for a nickel or so each. I am missing most of the stars and key rookies. How expensive/difficult would it be to build the full set? I see them all the time on Ebay, but spending $3 or more per card is more than I would be interested in. Any thoughts/ideas?
I honestly would think it would be fairly easy. The issue would be just looking for big lots of these as the shipping would far exceed the cost during the assembly. These should not be more than a dollar and a half unless it's one of maybe 5-7 stars like Canseco or Big Mac who might push a fiver.

I have seen lots of 50-100+ fairly regularly.

For example, I would consider this a tad high but look for these types of auctions - https://www.ebay.com/itm/38480621184...Y&LH_Auction=1

I have done stuff like this before and as a hint and to avoid frustration as all your backs are worthless, penny sleeve them all and sticker or marker the card number on each so you can keep track of progress and organize.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 04-01-2022 at 09:03 AM.