View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 11:53 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajenks3378 View Post
Justin what logic are you talking about? It is a game issued item, had to attend the event, and much more scarce then any base card in Topps or Bowman.
It is a collectible just as anything.
If something isn’t for you that is understandable but i never get the argument that it isn’t an investment.
Andy
The logic is nonexistent. I also cannot see where you see me stating this is not an investment. I just think it’s an exceedingly poor one.

As the OP stated, we have exceeded the cost of the game itself. A game that occurred 12 hours ago.

Yes, the ticket holder went through the additional effort of asking the box office for physical tickets. Yes, that extra 20 minutes of work got them not just their money back, but additional cash to reimburse their beer tab for the day. Yes, for an average mid season game I bet the estimated print runs may be in the hundreds. For this game the chance of this one ticket holder figuring out this is highly unlikely. I would think the BO likely had thousands of requests for printed tickets specifically for this…so a few hundred? Not unless the box office confirms that will I believe it.

The only explanation for paying 500 bucks for 12 hour old ticket stubs on a prospects first game is investment. A very, very, very risky one. I personally would have a better time justifying using my 500 on a betting app and I am confident that it would be the same or better of an “investment”.

My opinion only.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.