View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 08:44 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
One problem: the cards may not be PSA's to return. Technically, the assets of the debtor, even if they are held for others, become part of the BK estate, unless the bailor filed a UCC-1 with the State of CA establishing that the items are theirs. PSA may hear from the BK Trustee demanding that it turn over all of the cards. They would then be sold and the proceeds used to pay creditors in order, with the bailors treated as unsecured (last in line) unless the UCC-1 was filed.
Adam,

You have looked at a lot more bankruptcies than I have and defer to your expertise. I do have a thought. For purposes of this Marx was an agent. They took payment to deliver a service. As part of that service they acted as an intermediary between two parties, taking possession of an asset to deliver to one party and do the reverse at a later time. Taking possession was not taking ownership which is completely different. Thus if the agent filed for bankruptcy prior to completing the transaction they defaulted on the agency. I would equate this to UPS, Fed Ex, DHL. They are agents who are paid for a service to deliver a product they do not own. If they filed for bankruptcy I believe it would be hard to argue that packages they still had not delivered nor packages they had delivered within a short period of the filing would be considered property of the said entity. I do not believe the bankruptcy trustee can just start opening packages and selling the items contained therein to satisfy the debt of the agent. Just a thought. Your opinion/perspective would be appreciated.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”