View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:49 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

They're a fantastic way to have a tangible piece of history, that was "in the park" that day.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Real tangible history. But on the other hand, a 52 Mantle has an aesthetic appeal that an important Mantle ticket stub will never have. Most ticket stubs, with rare exception like Super Bowl tickets, aren't much to look at. They have a wow factor based on their direct connection to an event, not based on visual appearance like cards and Type 1 photos. I think that's a major factor keeping a ceiling on value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Hi Steve,

I've had two rounds of collecting ticket stubs during my collecting career...first time was about 15 years ago...I had a good instinct on what to collect (Ruth Called Shot, $1,500, haha, 1919 WS, etc)...But I got "bored" with them and sold or traded them shortly thereafter. Obviously, I wish held onto them.

Fast forward to maybe 2019-2020, I got the bug again (thanks mostly to my friend Tom D), and focused on rookie season stubs (Mantle, Jackie), and historic moments (Gibson HR, Buckner Ball, Super Bowl 1, etc). I keep my eye open for debuts, rookie season stubs and historic moments.

And to answer your question, I don't see ticket prices relaxing at all really, I see them only going up. They're a fantastic way to have a tangible piece of history, that was "in the park" that day.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-20-2022 at 08:52 AM.