View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 09:27 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMKenKen View Post
Bidders can make up all kinds of excuses. The bottom line is that there were ample opportunities to bid during the windows that kept opening. So far, items in which there were no bids at any time after the original scheduled Closing are now increasing as a result if the new extension. In my case, it's not that the new bidders were shut out during the 10 minute clock time (though as noted they had windows), no one had bid at all after the initial closing time. It is now costing me, plus the Buyer's Premium. Frankly, REA is insured for loss and, if this is going to be allowed, the Buyer's premium should be waived in my opinion.
Or you can ignore the specifics in my post that detailed that I as a bidder had no opportunity at all to place any bids in any extended bidding session(s). That's the bottom line.

At 12:04 the first comment was posted here on Net54 that the auction site was slow or not responsive for people, this was when I was trying to place bids during the extended time. But I was never able to gain access again to the auction after 12:04 EST, not once, despite several attempts even when users were posting here that they had access and could bid. And I am sure I was not the only one.

Sorry this is costing you, but its obvious that not all bidders had the same opportunities in extended bidding beyond 12:03 EST. If the auction had continued as intended, you cannot possibly make assurances that no one would have placed additional bids on auctions you were winning between 12:04 and 12:10 EST.

It sucks all around to be sure.