View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
On a side note...

I propose looking to Henry Ford (yes, I know he wasn't actually the originator) and do an Assembly Line National. All dealers are on a conveyor belt mechanism that snakes around the venue, bringing their tables to you, individually. Each visitor's entrance fee is used to secure a numbered spot on this 'parade' route. Each 'stop' lasts for a short, predetermined amount of time, allowing you to look over the seller's merch and try to negotiate a deal, if you choose to do so. When the bell whistles, it's time to get the line moving again. When it completes a full circuit and is ready to start a second lap, perhaps there's an Automatic Price Reduction of 10% (actual number to be determined by a collectors committee) on everything, and so on.

Perhaps during the first go-round, no sales are allowed. It is just a way for all attendees to see everything that's available, so you can plot your own fiscal strategy.

No more leg cramps, fatigue or dehydration. Hell, bring a beach chair and really enjoy the glorious cardboard like you do at home in your computer chair!!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming...
Or like a Sushi Boat restaurant where you can grab anything you want and they'll ring you up at the end. I can see it now, "Did I really grab all of those pre-war delicacies?" and "why is my bill in the tens of thousands of dollars?"
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sushi Boat.jpg (26.7 KB, 679 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-