View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 09:28 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Seems like half the threads now end up as a discussion of not so recent changes in tax law. Getting a little stale.

No offense intended to Bob and the other tax professionals on the board. Who are all trying to offer valuable input. But how many times do we need to rehash the same basic points?
Sorry Steve, I just never know who may, or may not, have seen some of mine, or other people's, prior posts. Put yourself in their shoes for a second. You come on the forum and have a tax related issue/question, but haven't seen all the prior tax threads and posts. Nor do you realize to go looking for them. I see it and try to answer, based on the specific facts and circumstances you have, so as to give the most accurate advice/answer I can. Hell, I don't remember all the posts I've made on all the different tax topics. So rather than my trying to go back and find and link them, I figure it is easier to just answer them right then and there. And invariably we get a couple people posting some additional things that aren't exactly accurate or pertinent, so I have to expound on that to make sure you, and possibly anyone else reading the posts with similar questions, doesn't then take and use/follow the not so accurate or pertinent information. And to my credit, I have actually explained to one poster with tax questions how to do a search of all my posts, which I then advised him to go back and just start reading. LOL (That probably kept him busy for a while, huh?)

I've stated on here before when others have questioned some of my long, detailed posts, that I would gladly stop posting then to help out with tax questions and issues. Others then posted in response, and also reached out to me privately, to not stop doing so, as they find the information extremely helpful and thanked me for offering to help.

if there were some easy way to accumulate all my tax related posts in regards to our hobby, and then put them in one place so a newbie asking tax questions could be simply pointed to that resource, I'm all for it. If you can tell me how to do it, great. Otherwise, I'm stuck answering questions as they're asked, or I can just quit providing info and answering tax questions all together. I'm really easy to work with, and honestly just trying to help people.