View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 07:11 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Well, even though I've already stated my specific situation, I'll drop back in to mention a few steps that may help:

First, stop calling all these mass shootings tragedies. We know that, but we send flowers and wreaths for tragedies. These are CRIMES and should be treated and approached that way. I think there's more of an appetite to stop CRIMES than to console more and more and more victims.

Second, I would move the legal age to purchase a firearm up to 21. There are no guarantees that any steps will work, but NOT DOING ANYTHING DOES NOT WORK.

I read an article today on how the AR-15 became so widespread in this country. It described, in part, a marketing scheme by weapons manufacturers to target specific audiences and 'expand' those audiences via, among other things, video games such as 'Call of Duty'; producing tan-colored rifles to resemble those used by the military in recent wars and assisting film companies to recreate, as accurately as possible, what occurs overseas.

'Putting military-grade weapons in the hands of the general public.' has been their goal.

As astonished as I am by all the blood-thirstiness of the country in which I live, I just cannot understand why there is ANY opposition to universal background checks, for gun shows; pawn shops; or retailers like Academy Sports where the AR-15 type assault-rifles are called sports rifles.

Again DEAD is FINAL.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente