Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 07:12 AM
Rolf Best

It’s not much, but I just got this the other day after a failed attempt to secure a 58T Aaron in a PSA 4 on MySlabs. The seller had already sold it elsewhere and accidentally left it listed on the site. It would have been a good buy.

It left me itching to pick up something for a similar price, so I burned myself out scrolling for a couple of hours going back and forth through listings and comps of Koufaxs, Clementes, Mays’, and Aarons.

I’m still kind of new with vintage, so although Mantle crossed my mind I assumed even a decent looking later year card would be too expensive, but I gave it a shot and found this.

The auction was already at $230 which I thought was a good price. I was so tired I forgot to check comps and put in a manual snipe for around $300 which I later found was $100 more than the average value of the card. Oops. Unfortunately, the last bidder was also prepared to pay as much so I didn’t save any money…

It’s only my second Mantle besides a few other multi-player cards I have, and I like it. It has decent color, no snow, and the edges look okay.

I wouldn’t say it’s undergraded, but it looks way better than other 3s I own. The centering is a little off, but not enough to bother me. I just wish I was more attentive to know the prices before bidding—which is what I was doing for the other cards I was looking at.

But it’s good to finally know, even this late in the game, that it’s still possible to pick up a decent looking Mantle for a good price. [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk