View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 11:27 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Jim,

Not looking to argue or debate with you. Using a snipe service like that just makes no sense to me as it runs counter to what people normally want to use a snipe service for. I'm just surprised someone would want to use such a service in the way you described. To each his own though, right?
Thanks. I am with you. Sniping is just one of the things that drove me away, but it was a big one. I found it infuriating! It was old railroad timetables. Not nearly as limelight as baseball cards. I would find one with very few or no watchers, no bids, and get sniped at the end. So I asked around, and actually used one once or twice. I think it was called Bid Snapper or something like that. It was a free tool and didn't have any of the bells or whistles like custom bidding, but it would bid at the last possible second. I did not like it, I did not like putting my credentials into it, and I got rid of it and moved on to buy-it-now to the maximum extent possible.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***