View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53toppscollector View Post
You say this, but it is honestly biological for some people. I look at a card that is really off center and it just throws everything off in my brain. Because that is how MY brain is wired. If your brain accepts off center cards and does not mentally flag them or downgrade them, then bully for you. But for some people, the way their brain is wired won't allow that.
Fair enough, and you can be assured I'm not making light of that. Most people who are passionate about collecting things seem to have OCD in some form or other. That's been my experience, anyway.

When it comes to perfect border OCD, I do wonder how less prevalent this would have been without this information having been ingrained into collectors, which stemmed from the first person who afforded a premium to perfectly centered cards. (Chances are, that person was both a good salesman AND suffered himself from PBOCD!) If nobody had made mention of it, the extent of the obsession would be greatly lightened.

Corner issues and creases are easier for me to understand, I guess, as those things represent actual damage. An O/C card was just made that way. ETA: I more easily understand anyone's aversion when it comes to miscuts, though. That's beyond O/C; the card is missing part of itself!

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 06-26-2022 at 04:21 PM.