View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 05:18 PM
Chr$stopher Pett$

Not wishing to get into a debate, but I do have some anecdotal data to share on this topic. I am predominantly a psa registry set collector with post war master sets for Clemente and Aaron as a focus and other hof sets. I have been submitting vintage cards to sgc for the past 6 months through boca card submissions. They offer a discount of $24 per card group submissions vs $30 per direct per card . The Facebook group shows the specific submitters and numbers etc. SGc has increased their capacity to about 4K cards per day through expansion of physical space and staff over the past year or so. They were consistently running 2-3 week turnaround times for several months for the past 6 months. They are now turning around in a handful of business days. I can see through their page that the volume of group submissions had definitely decreased from 5-600 per day to 2-300 per day. Multiple factors involved here. I think the throughput was increased to 4 k per day for several months and now submission volume is decreasing in 6/2022. Predictioning that they will decrease pricing soon to keep volume at a steady state or decrease overhead