View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 12:04 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
17 officers ran away from the shooter in Uvalde.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...young-boy.html

Just so we're clear, these aren't good guys with guns. If you're unwilling to protect innocent children after getting paid by taxpayers to "serve and protect" the community, you're a POS.

I believe teachers who wish to go through extensive, EXTENSIVE training to conceal carry on the job should be allowed to. I also believe there is a large enough segment of veterans that would be willing to defend schools to provide extra security.

The teachers union and government as a whole will be a hurdle when actually protecting our kids. Again, I will always go back to government officials/politicians receiving more protection than our kids ever have.
I have zero doubt your intentions are good here. But I think there are several drawbacks. First, a trained teacher with a pistol is going to be outgunned when these folks have assault rifles. Second, a trained teacher is bound to make a mistake and the gun may come out at the wrong time in the wrong situation. Third, a kid could get their hands on that gun so there’s a gun in use when there otherwise might not have been one. Fourth, the comparison to armed security for political figures seems misplaced because the sad reality of having to have guns around them versus kids is very different. Sending a kid to a school to sit in a room with a gun every day is a bridge many parents do not want to cross. Many would rather focus on keeping these assault rifles away.

Again, understood your intentions are good and maybe it would help. My views above show I do not agree but I am often wrong. My wife tells me daily.