View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 02:10 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If you people think this is going to do much of anything to stop fraud, more power to you. Then again, I guess there are people who feel better with a fox guarding their henhouse, after all it needed to be guarded.

Again, I like the idea for raw cards.
This. PSA would have to be reliable and competent for it to even possibly do anything. The thousands of altered cards they miss, the PSA 8's that magically are 10's the next day, the thousand scandals and errors (if errors they all be) do not suggest serious competence.

Even if PSA were competent, they would have to look at the card to do much. PSA authenticating that SGC or GMA did slab a card doesn't do anything for a card collector.

I don't like it for raw cards either, but that's a separate debate.

My spending on eBay has been reduced about 50% (total card expidenture is on pace for 157% growth YOY but that will temper down and is spiked by a large deal) the last year as I switch more and more to private deals to dodge their 'improvements'. The destruction of their categories is far worse than this, this policy is a minor inconvenience at present as it is not charged yet. It is mostly amusing for the absurdity of the graded card policy. It may prove problematic for me on the raw front as some of my raw buys in that price range are very unusual items that I don't think CSG will even know what they are, and are often listed wrong by the seller with false information. I really don't want CSG nixing a deal, without any input from myself, and stopping me from getting a card I want at the price I agreed with the seller.