View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 05:10 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right, many of your arguments are standard arguments..........when someone doesnt like a position they usually cite that someones postion wont solve ALL....there is no 100%.......yeah a teacher can be out gunned but there may other situations where students may not attack a school at all because some teachers are armed and they dont know who is armed or from what locked door they are going to come from, plus there would likely be an armed guard...arent all armed guards also outgunned? Most police are outgunned in inner cities but we dont ban officers trying to do their job......can walk and chew gum at same time and still work on getting rid of certain assault rifles and have armed teachers

There are metal detectors at schools for a reason..and they dont catch all guns..so why have any metal detectors......but if students can sneak them through, why just let students haved guns and not the teachers..

as far as a student getting their hands on a teachers gun, this can also happen in anyone's house and why there is a gun locker...... i wont go on but you can be certain there are strong counter arguments to what anti armed teachers keep saying, meanwhile kids are getting killed ..
No, it’s not that I think your solution isn’t perfect. Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good. It’s that I think your solution would have a net negative effect. I’d prefer solutions that do more good than harm.