View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 05:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Unless the seller somehow agreed in fine print somewhere, I think they can decertify but I don't think they can confiscate.
Since I don't really send anything to any TPGs, nor worry or care about a Registry, I've never looked through any TPG documents in regard to grading to see if such a clause could actually exist. But you are right, it is possible something like that is in there, in the fine print, as just another CYA on their part so they can escape any responsibility or liability for their actions.

Sounds like you agree with my thinking that they would never resort to confiscating a holder/card though, as that would go beyond the mere giving of an opinion. I can definitely see that if any TPG or online seller went that far, that they better be damn certain they're 1000% right before even thinking of doing anything like that. In that case I'm not sure how a TPG could escape liability if they were later found to have erred in their examination and opinion. And they would likely also bring the online seller under scrutiny and potential liability as well, seeing as how they were the ones requiring the third-party authentication/examination in the first place, and being the party that hired the TPG to do that work.

And even if a TPG can get away with the de-certifying of a legit card/flip due to some fine print, we both know that the real owner of the legit flip/card in those situations.....will.....be.....pissed!