View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 09:13 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I'm curious why you think having this card with REA would have resulted in a higher price. There was enough publicity about it that you would think anyone interested (and financially capable) of bidding on it would have been bidding on it no matter where it was listed. Also, Heritage is a much larger auction house than REA and they also have auctions of high priced items of many different types. I would think they would have more people registered to bid other than just card collectors that might decide they were going to bid on this Mantle for the prestige of owning it like they would a Monet or a Picasso.
Last Years Highest Sale Ever$ 6,606,000 SGC 3 Wagner along with a Recent Record Sale of an SGC 5 Mantle for $306,000 thousand last month. Heritage is great for memorabilia, art, coins, etc...it’s just my opinion REA is the hands-down showcase auction for big-ticket high profile vintage cards, especially of this prestige with said letter...Idk just my opinion, REA to me would have been the place for this card.

Last edited by Johnny630; 08-28-2022 at 09:15 AM.