View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 10:14 AM
John T

Default A Fake???? Mantle

Looking for some advice. I bought this card at the National from a dealer. I don't remember the dealer and while I vaguely remember the location of his booth, I couldn't say for certain. Anyway, when I got home I went to add the card to PSA's registry. Came back as a bad certification. Sent an inquiry to PSA and after a month I finally spoke to someone who said it was a bad cert and that there is nothing they can do. For those who buy graded, you do so thinking there is some certainty that you can't get a fugazi or altered card. Who knows, maybe the dealer I bought the card from, didn't know it was a bad cert either. Maybe PSA typed in one number wrong? Or maybe someone out there is really good at creating labels and inputting a card that fits the grade of the 5 it represents, and input an altered card...and put it back in the slab with no evidence of tampering. PSA basically told me to check certs before purchase, but for anyone who attended the National, they know internet service is spotty at best. Any ideas on what you would do next??? Am I just beat? Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide. JT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1969 topps mantle.jpg (142.2 KB, 633 views)
File Type: jpg 1969 topps mantle b.jpg (148.4 KB, 625 views)